49. Radio calling-in point - Retain current S-32 definition - I see no need to append Radio Calling-in Point and Radio Reporting Point
50. Recommended track - Agree
51. Retro-reflector - Agree, do not include
52. Sand waves - Agree with proposed new definition
53. Silo/tank - I disagree that a silo and a tank are the same thing or serve the same function. Moreover, a tank is more likely to appear on charts as they typically hold petroleum products or natural gas and are located close to ports. Silos are usually cylindrical in shape and are used for storing bulk materials and typically are not located in port areas. I suggest that the definition for tank be modified to the following: Tank (storage) - A large enclosed structure usually for storing liquids, sometimes for gases.
Personally I don't think there is a need to include a definition for silo but if we need to I propose the following: Silo - A large cylindrically shaped enclosed structure used for storing bulk materials.
54. Small craft facility - Agree, do not include
55. Sounding - Agree with new definition
56. Coastguard station - Agree with two definitions
57. Water turbulence - Agree with adding definition for water turbulence, but also believe we should delete the S-32 definition for Turbulence as it has little practical relevance.
58. Traffic Separation Zone - This is already covered in definition 4637 - separation zone (or line). I suggest simply the following: "Traffic Separation Zone. See SEPARATION ZONE (or LINE)"
I am happy with the proposals made by Jerry. I have prepared a new document incorporating Jerry's views and presenting the definitions as amendments to the existing S-32 definition where it exists. Red italic = new text and strikethrough = deleted text. I suggest that we use this document as thye basis for any further discussion.